What is SkyWalker-3?
SkyWalker-3 is an advanced USB 2.0 internal DVB-S2 tuner card.
It has a size of Low Profile PCI card, and can be placed in either PCI slot (3.3V or 5V version), or even PCIe x16 slot inside your computer.
It makes no electrical contact with PCI slot itself. Dummy board-edge connector works as an anchor and keeps SkyWalker-3 securely mounted inside your computer.
Here is an image of SkyWalker-3 with full size PCI bracket.
Digicipher II Combo
Digicipher II Split (I/Q)
Digicipher II Offset QPSK
Turbo-FEC is not supported
DVB-s/DSS/Digicypher II: 1 - 45 msps
DVB-S2: 5 - 33 msps
Supported FEC rates:
DVB-S2 QPSK: Auto, 1/2, 3/5, 2/3, 3/4, 4/5, 5/6, 8/9, 9/10
DVB-S2 8PSK: Auto, 3/5, 2/3, 3/4, 5/6, 8/9, 9/10
DVB-s: Auto, 1/2, 2/3, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8
Digicipher II: Auto, 1/2, 5/11, 3/5, 2/3, 3/4, 4/5, 5/6, 7/8
DSS (QPSK): Auto, 1/2, 2/3, 6/7
• Frequency range: 250-2150 MHz
• input connector: IEC F-type female
• LNB/switch control: 13/18V (or 14/19V), 22 kHz, Tone Burst, DiSEqC 1.0/1.2, Legacy switch commands, max. 750 mA *
* 750mA is maximum NON-continuous (for several minutes) allowable load. To avoid overheating, it's advisable not to exceed 450mA for permanent load.
Minimum PC requirements:
• Pentium III 1GHz (more powerful CPU and advanced graphics card are required for HDTV programming)
• Supported Operating System: Windows 2000, Windows XP/2003, Vista/2008, Windows 7/2008 R2, Windows 8/2012, Windows 8.1/2012 R2, Windows 10.
• Sound card
• available USB 2.0 5-pin or 10-pin header on the motherboard (check your motherboard manual) - here is a guide for SkyWalker-2/-3 installation into PC.
• SkyWalker-3 internal DVB-S2 card (the size of Low Profile PCI card);
• 12" 5-pin to 5-pin internal USB 2.0 cable;
• replacement bracket (to convert SkyWalker-3 into standard size PCI card)
• TSReader™ (evaluation version is available from COOL.STF web-site) + genpix SW-3 interface ver. 1.0.3 or newer
• DVB Dream (available from dbvdream.org web-site) + genpix SW-3 interface ver. 1.0.3 or newer
* the applications above are using Genpix WDM driver (already available).
Genpix BDA driver is in development (which will enable support of other DVB applications).
Here is the same card with Low Profile PCI bracket:
This is what you will get when you buy SkyWalker-3:
Technical questions are welcome. Just drop me a note.
Warranty period is limited to 12 months (parts and labor).
Damages caused by negligence or mechanical damages are not covered by warranty.
This hardware/software/firmware does NOT do any decryption. It's for clear/unencrypted signal ONLY.